Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-27 17:15:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

josh(at)globalherald(dot)net (Joshua Kramer) writes:
>> Why not just embrace that fact and pick the best five slogans from the
>> ones that have been offered? AND ROTATE THEM! :)
>
> Or better yet, let's implement a markov chain algorithm to
> periodically come up with new slogans based on the frequency of
> occurrence of various words in this slogan debate!

[Chris rummages around his ~/Lisp directory... Yup, "parse-poetry.lisp"
is still kicking around...]

I've got one of those... Some years ago, my little program won a rather
geeky "poetry generation" contest. I grabbed a corpus of sample poetry
by one of those crazy "tax protestors," and the program would nicely
generate poetry looking very much like this one guy's output.

Give me 50 slogans, and the little program should be able to do the same
:-).
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'gmail.com';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/nonrdbms.html