Re: SOLVED Re: _penalty gist method invoked with one key

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SOLVED Re: _penalty gist method invoked with one key
Date: 2005-10-28 10:19:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2005-10-28, at 07:37, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>

>> Grzegorz - it'd be great if you submitted documentation
>> improvements :)
>>

> I don't see any GiST specific problem in Grzegorz's case.

Other than just stupid bug, I know. It was just hard to find.
Luckily, I have test cases for internal functions. This is separate
program, that I can valgrind (me hugs valgrind).
Valgrind showed me that there is branch based on not initialized
value. So I thought, maybe also length isn't initialized there, and I
was right.
So, here's a tip from me: if your type has variable length, create
separate function to locate all memory, and to fill out all fields.
In my case it was possible, and helped.

Where is about docs, yes, I do plan to put out some tut based on my
experiences. I will definitely give it to you guys to review here.

Thanks.