unable to see other schemas besides public

From: Gabriel Ramirez <gabrielramirez(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unable to see other schemas besides public
Date: 2007-11-25 01:04:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

in a database I created a schema, but as superuser or as an user of that
schema I'm unable to see a listing of the schema contents. I'm running
postgresql 8.2.5, compiled via macports under Mac OS X 10.4.10 commands
and output follows:

soporte_misc=# create schema test1;
CREATE SCHEMA
soporte_misc=# create table test1.mytable (
username varchar(64),
rolename text
);
CREATE TABLE
soporte_misc=# \z
Access privileges for database "soporte_misc"
Schema | Name | Type | Access
privileges
-
--------+------------------------+----------+-----------------------------------------------
public | numero_en_letra | table |
{postgres=arwdxt/postgres,gabriel=r/postgres}
public | numero_en_letra_id_seq | sequence |
(2 rows)

I was expecting the test1.mytable listed above

soporte_misc=# \z test1
Access privileges for database "soporte_misc"
Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
- --------+------+------+-------------------
(0 rows)

soporte_misc=# \z test1.mytable
Access privileges for database "soporte_misc"
Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
- --------+---------+-------+-------------------
test1 | mytable | table |
(1 row)

with \dt:

soporte_misc=# \dt
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
- --------+-----------------+-------+----------
public | numero_en_letra | table | postgres
(1 row)

soporte_misc=# \dt test1
No matching relations found.
soporte_misc=# \dt test1.mytable
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
- --------+---------+-------+----------
test1 | mytable | table | postgres
(1 row)

now creating one index:

soporte_misc=# create index myindex on test1.mytable(username);
CREATE INDEX

soporte_misc=# \di
No relations found.
soporte_misc=# \di test1
No matching relations found.
soporte_misc=# \di test1.myindex
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner | Table
- --------+---------+-------+----------+---------
test1 | myindex | index | postgres | mytable
(1 row)

soporte_misc=#

so seems if one don't specified the schemaname.objects to list the
database don't return them, or maybe I'm missing a step after creating
the schema and objects to be able to list them.

granting all privileges on the schema and objects don't change the
output above. only once I was able to see the schemas and objects with a
normal user account (existing only in postgres) but now I'm unable to
reproduce that.

thanks in advance,

Gabriel

Make Yahoo! your homepage.