Re: [INTERFACES] yet another postgresql interface

From: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] yet another postgresql interface
Date: 1999-01-11 05:28:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:

> > > Out of curiosity, how closely does your interface resemble one which
> > > would support Lisp?
> > I don't know. What is it?
>
> It has lots of parens, like Scheme/Guile :) afaik Scheme was an offshoot
> of or reaction to Lisp, which is very heavy and full-featured, years
> ago.

I know what is Lisp. I merely haven't understood your original question
very well. I thought you were asking about some existing Lisp interface.
Sorry, it's my poor English.

My interface is written in C on the top of libpq using guile
specific features. Since libpq functions fit badly to Lisp/Scheme
style of programming, I'm going to write another, more Lispish,
set of functions. But still it will be only for guile.

Aleksey

--
Aleksey Demakov
avd(at)gcom(dot)ru