Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Date: 2007-12-01 10:59:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
"Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de> writes:

> We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
> talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.

Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do a
MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic debate
or something with 30s per side back and forth...

It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would end
up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does"). But I'm
sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open Source can do
openly in good humour that proprietary software does with malice behind closed

  Gregory Stark