release announcements (FM, etc.)

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: release announcements (FM, etc.)
Date: 2002-10-31 03:12:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I noticed that the Freshmeat entry for PostgreSQL has not been updated
for the 7.3 beta releases; it probably should be. AFAIK, the beta
releases have also not been announced on sites like LWN, LinuxToday,
and so on. Should this be made part of the release process?

(The reasoning should be obvious -- a lot of people will probably want
to know that a new release is in the works, even if they might not
install a beta on a production machine. Being aware of a new beta
release allows people to install and use it for development, as well
as let people know what new features will be ready for production use
soon. Plus, the PR points we get are always a plus ...)

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Nicolas Pettiaux - AELDate: 2002-10-31 14:21:55