Re: pg_dump and pgpool

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump and pgpool
Date: 2004-12-30 05:12:39
Lists: pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com> writes:

> What's happening is that there are two databases behind pgpool, and each
> has managed to assign a different (set of) OID(s) to the table(s).  So,
> when pg_dump asks for an OID, it gets two different ones.

If pgpool is so good at maintaining consistency between databases how did they
end up with different OIDs?

It seems you really do have inconsistent databases and are asking for pg_dump
to be robust against that. If the databases really are inconsistent isn't the
correct behaviour to cause precisely this error? Wouldn't hiding the
inconsistency only be doing you a disservice?

I think you should be trying to figure out why the databases are inconsistent
and working to figure out what you have to change to avoid whatever actions
caused that.

--
greg