Re: Preliminary patch for tsearch example dictionaries/parsers in contrib

From: karpov(at)sao(dot)ru (Sergey V(dot) Karpov)
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Preliminary patch for tsearch example dictionaries/parsers in contrib
Date: 2007-10-10 19:34:13
Lists: pgsql-patches

> karpov(at)sao(dot)ru (Sergey V. Karpov) writes:
>> I've prepared reduced and renamed version of the examples. It may be
>> downloaded at
>> http://lynx.sao.ru/~karpov/tmp/ts_examples.tar.gz
>
>>  - dict_xsyn now uses the same code to locate its config as built-in
>>    dictionaries, and can't access files outside
>>    $(prefix)/share/tsearch_data/.
>
> Good, did you also fix it to do encoding conversion while reading the file?

It has not been so in previous code. I've replaced the download file
with fixed version.

>> It still has a complicated source tree with subfolders for each
>> example. Have I to break it into three separate contrib modules? Or
>> combine into one with three build targets (this will break MSVC build)?
>
> I think the consensus is for one module per top-level contrib directory.

Please excuse me, but English is not my native language, and I don't
understand your phrase. Do you mean one module with two dictionaries and
a parser at once, or three different modules in contrib/?

Sincerely your,

Sergey Karpov