Re: management of large patches

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: management of large patches
Date: 2011-01-03 10:28:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> - extensions - may need 2 or more commits

I'm now basically done with coding, I'm writing the docs for the upgrade
patch and preparing the upgrade SQL files for pre-9.1 to 9.1 upgrades of
the contrib modules.

Doing that, I've been cleaning up or reorganising some code: I will
backport some of those changes to the main extension patch.  So I expect
to send both extension.v23.patch and extension-upgrade.v1.patch this

As the main extension patch as received lots of detailed reviews (both
user level and code level) by commiters already, I'm not expecting big
surprises for the last commitfest.  The upgrade patch design has been
discussed in detail on-list too.  Dust has settled here.

Meanwhile, there's this bugfix for HEAD that I've sent:

Dimitri Fontaine     PostgreSQL : Expertise, Formation et Support