Re: Best way to monitor, control, or rewrite data definition commands?

From: "Turner, Ian" <Ian(dot)Turner(at)deshaw(dot)com>
To: "Erik Jones" <ejones(at)engineyard(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best way to monitor, control, or rewrite data definition commands?
Date: 2009-05-27 20:33:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Erik,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately,
postgresql/src/camend/commands/variable.c contains the following remark:

/*
* Disallow SET ROLE inside a security definer context.
We need to do
* this because when we exit the context, GUC won't be
notified,
* leaving things out of sync. Note that this test is
arranged so
* that restoring a previously saved setting isn't
prevented.
*
* XXX it would be nice to allow this case in future,
with the
* behavior being that the SET ROLE's effects end when
the security
* definer context is exited.
*/

It's the same situation with SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION. Anyone have a
guess on how difficult this is to fix?

Cheers,

--Ian Turner