Re: add "WITH OIDS" to CREATE TABLE AS

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: add "WITH OIDS" to CREATE TABLE AS
Date: 2004-01-06 22:14:57
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Does this deal with the fact we now emit WITH/WITHOUT OID in
> pg_dump?

No, that is an unrelated issue. I took a brief look at implementing
this over the break, but I couldn't see an easy way to do it properly:
if we pick a particular default for the GUC variable and then use SET
to change it when necessary for a particular CREATE TABLE, we could
potentially issue far more SET commands than are needed.

> FYI, that is a must-fix for 7.5 for portability reasons.

(Reasons which I still find pretty unconvincing, but ...)

-Neil