large objects

From: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large objects
Date: 1998-07-27 07:21:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm working on a project where there is a need to store large texts in
a database. I thought that postgres' large object are good for this.
But one my fellow said me that current large object implementation is
very unefficient. So having, say, several thousands of large objects
is impractical. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Aleksey

--