Re: [HACKERS] cidr

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+mail(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO>
To: Paul A Vixie <vixie(at)vix(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] cidr
Date: 1998-07-20 20:25:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Paul A Vixie <vixie(at)vix(dot)com> writes:

> i didn't realize that anybody else was working on an IP address
> data type or i'd've posted this six months ago when i first wrote
> it. it lacks only the stuff needed to make it usable as a UNIQUE
> KEY. it depends on BIND-8's libraries.

Interesting -- looks nice at first glance, and does some things that
neither Aleksei nor I had thought of. I guess a merge of the three
variations is in order. At least I'll be doing that locally, and will
make the result available.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity. --Niles Crane, "Frasier"