Re: Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?

From: merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com (Randal L(dot) Schwartz)
To: novnovice <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merge replication with Postgresql on Windows?
Date: 2010-09-28 16:29:08
Lists: pgsql-general

novnovice> That's a surprising response. But it makes sense, at least as
novnovice> one perspective. I have written light duty sync systems but
novnovice> figured that there would be some battle tested postgresql
novnovice> solution that was more robust than I could cobble
novnovice> together. As in, if I invest 40 hours learning replication
novnovice> system X, I'd be further along than if I'd invested the same
novnovice> 40 hours writing my own system from scratch. It's not simple
novnovice> stuff. It would still be good to eval whatever canned
novnovice> solutions are out there. I have googled this topic of course;
novnovice> among the candidates none seemed to be a great match up with
novnovice> what I hoped to find.

CouchDB is open source, and was designed with this sort of disconnected
syncing in mind.  You can hear my interview with Jan Lehnardt at
http://twit.tv/floss36.

<merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>