Re: [HACKERS] backend/frontend communication

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+mail(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO>
To: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] backend/frontend communication
Date: 1998-05-28 05:40:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org> writes:

> I'm rewriting my SSL for patch so it's a little less messy, [...]

Does this mean that you're adding a facility for an encrypted data
stream between server and clients? If so, great! Are you adding this
in such a way that other mechanisms than SSL can be facilitated? I'd
like to take a shot at adding Kerberos IV encryption to your model...

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity. --Niles Crane, "Frasier"