pg_config --sharedir points to the wrong folder.. is this a problem?

From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_config --sharedir points to the wrong folder.. is this a problem?
Date: 2009-07-30 15:08:42
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi,
First I installed postgres using the apt-get utility on ubuntu, and then
later uninstalled it to install postgres though the one-click installer.

Trying to find the share folder i ran pg_config and it shows the old path
: /usr/share/postgresql/8.3

I have a pg_config under my new installation as well
: /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_config
but apperantly this is not being used in the global scope.

Am I missing something? Did I un-install incorrectly perhaps? Is this a
problem, could other files, pg_programs possibly have the same issue?

Sincerely / Jennifer

pgsql-general by date