Looking for way to connect applet to remote database

From: Glenn_Wiens(at)via-christi(dot)org
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Looking for way to connect applet to remote database
Date: 2000-02-13 03:00:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi --

As I understand it, my applet (which is served up by my web server) cannot
legally connect to my database (which is running on a different server than my
web server). What I think I need is some sort of process running in background
which would proxy my applet's jdbc requests to my remote postgresql database.

As a point of reference, I have an Oracle database which comes with a Connection
Manager which seems to enable this sort of behavior. I have searched the
postgresql mail archives but I haven't been able to locate this here. Does
anyone know of something like this?

Thanks,

Glenn

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: S.F. LeeDate: 2000-02-13 07:46:21