Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)netbsd(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support
Date: 2001-11-14 22:52:02
Lists: pgsql-patches
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)netbsd(dot)org> writes:
> Is there interest in supporting encrypted sessions?

We already have SSL support; it's not clear to me that it's worth our
trouble to support a second mechanism.  Especially one that only works
with one flavor of authentication.

I might be more interested if Kerberos were more popular ... but you're
the first person who's done any work on the Kerberos code in the whole
time I've been around the project, so I suspect it ain't of wide
interest.