Re: Installer question

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Kristis Makris'" <kristis(dot)makris(at)datasoft(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installer question
Date: 2001-09-14 07:25:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Kristis,

Basically all you need to do to install the driver manually is to add the
registry entries above and copy psqlodbc.dll to your system32 directory
(assuming your machine has and ODBC driver manager installed - which it
should unless it's an early Win95 machine iirc). There is no need to
register any files with regsvr32 or anything like that.

Having said that, those registry settings may well change with future
releases of the driver so installing that way isn't really recommended. I
will be releasing the new version of the driver as a Merge Module as well as
the other three distros, so if you're using a Windows Installer compliant
installation system then you should just be able to include that in your
installation. Alternatively, it is possible to silently install the existing
msi distro - check out the command line options for msiexec.exe. I
install/upgrade various bits of software on workstations on a multisite
network this way - just include the relevant commands in your logon script.

> P.S.: You guys are doing an amazing job with the driver

Thanks, though it's Hiroshi Inoue who deserves the real credit for the
changes over the last year or so. I'm just driving Wise Installer which is
no biggie.

Regards, Dave.