Re: pgAdmin/ODBC errors.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Contejean, TiJana'" <tijana(dot)contejean(at)wcg(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin/ODBC errors.
Date: 2001-08-31 16:19:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Don't worry about creating file DSNs - pgAdmin doesn't use them anyway. Just
create a single User *or* system DSN to get started.

> This is like the
> hardest gui I've ever installed.

Actually, pgAdmin (ie. the GUI) is already installed. It's the ODBC driver
manager (the bit Microsoft wrote) you're having trouble with.

> I already have the PostgreSQL
> ODBC+ Driver, the msi-installer, and I've already downloaded pgAdmin.

I can't help you with the the ODBC+ driver, I only package and use the
'official' PostgreSQL driver - I would suggest you try that
(http://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/).

> ODBC+ I've
> already configured the User DSN and the System DSN, but when
> I'm trying to configure File DSN, I keep getting either one
> of these errors.

Like I said, File DSNs are no use to you, just try getting either a System
or User dsn sorted first - you don't need one of each or anything like that.

Regards, Dave.