RE: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Jason Tishler'" <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...
Date: 2001-07-11 14:35:31
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Of course, I'm well aware of that, however, having numerous fast boxes
running W2K on 3 1/2" IDE disks (the same make and model as in the Slackware
box) I can compare performance of other (non-postgresql) apps and be fairly
happy that the large amount of money I spent (not mine I hasten to add) was
not wasted. Like I said, it's not performance data, just experience and
judgment based on knowledge and extensive use of the systems involved.

> Nevertheless, like I
> said before, a Cygwin app should be expected to be slower
> than a Linux app on the same hardware. I'll be very
> interested to see Terry's apples to apples comparison, if I
> can help solve the Cygwin DLL (or PostgreSQL) resource leak.  Sigh...

Yes, I'd be very interested as well.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Kian ParseeDate: 2001-07-11 14:57:41