RE: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'webmaster(at)robbyslaughter(dot)com'" <webmaster(at)robbyslaughter(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: ODBC calls seem surprisingly slow...
Date: 2001-07-11 07:32:23
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I personally find that Cygwin PostgreSQL is only really fast enough as a
(very) convenient development platform (<ducks> sorry Jason! But it is
*very* useful and appreciated). Having said that, I don't find it anything
like as slow as you imply. Some common problems:

1) Ensure that the ODBC driver is not in Debug mode (i.e. set
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL\Debug = 0 using
regedit).

2) In the ODBC Driver Manager, make sure that ODBC Tracing is switched off -
this creates a huge logfile and can slow the system tremendously.

hth, regards, Dave.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Christof PetigDate: 2001-07-11 11:30:16