RE: RV: no updateable recordset

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Manuel Martínez Valls' <mmartinezv(at)sanostra(dot)es>, Paja <paja(dot)ciambella(at)blic(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: RV: no updateable recordset
Date: 2001-06-21 07:30:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The msysconf table won't fix this problem though it will make the error
message go away. Some things to check:

1) Read only should not be set in the driver. Be careful, there are 2 boxes
that could be checked.
2) Make sure you have unique index/primary key on your table (and it's
included in your SELECT).
3) Make sure 'Recognize Unique Indexes' is switched on in the driver.
4) Don't include a trailing ; on your queries. This makes ADO recordsets
read only and may affect DAO as well.

HTH, regards, Dave.