RE: Access '97 {oj ...} Left Join

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Hiroshi Inoue'" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'Jean-Michel POURE'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Access '97 {oj ...} Left Join
Date: 2001-04-11 18:44:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The driver reports that it is OJ capable if it is connected to 7.1 or
higher. When I made the mods to the driver I tested successfully the OJs did
work (this *may* not be the case if the Parse Statements option is
selected).

What doesn't work is the {oj...} style syntax as Stuart reported (which
would have made my life easier when re-coding the SQL Wizard in pgAdmin!),
but this is because PostgreSQL doesn't support it, not the driver. The
following style syntax works a treat via ODBC:

SELECT * FROM foo
LEFT OUTER JOIN bar ON foo.col1 = bar.col1

Regards, Dave.