I am pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin v7.0.5 at
Support for pgAdmin can now be found at the pgAdmin-support mailing list
(pgAdmin-support(at)greatbridge(dot)org) which can be subscribed to at
http://www.greatbridge.org/project/pgadmin/. An archive of messages is
maintained on the site for reference. Bug lists and Task lists are also now
maintained at GreatBridge.org.
If you want to be kept up to date about pgAdmin developments please
subscribe to the pgAdmin-announce list which can also be found at
New features/bug fixes include:
- Fixed the 'may not be called in a transaction block' bug which was
overlooked in the Change Password dialogue.
- Fixed a bug in the new Data Grid which prevented added new records to an
empty table or query resultset.
- Changed date format used in SQL queries to ISO-8601 format (eg.
'2000-12-25 23:59:59-01') rather than Windows 'Long Date' which isn't
understood by PostgreSQL in some locales.
- Fixed a bug which distorted the splash screen if 'Large Fonts' are in use.
- Fixed the label on the About Box which did not show the pgAdmin version
- Fixed an error message that reported the lowest supported version of
- Fixed Migration of data containing ' characters in the Migration Wizard.
- Added options to the Migration Wizard to convert object names to lower
- Added error handling to the Migration Wizard to allow it to skip tables
where permissions do not allow the user to view the column details of the
- Fixed a bug where if the save button is pressed on an unchanged record in
the data grid control, the control crashed.
- User defined column widths are retained between Add/Edit operations in the
data grid control. The data grid no longer refreshes after every update
operation. This prevents the grid scrolling back to row 1 after every
edit/delete, but a row may only be edited once now without a manual refresh
(which does scroll to row 1), for which a button has been added.
- Updated the Copyright notices to 1998 - 2001.
- Fixed the tab order on the Add Column dialogue.
- Allow setting of Privileges on Sequences in the Privilege dialogue.
- Fixed the code in the Add Column dialogue which failed to set NOT NULL and
DEFAULT ??? due to syntax problems.
- Removed old 'Open Maximised' code which caused some odd behaviour when
opening some dialogues.
- Added Context Sensitive menus (right click menus) to most list boxes and
- Updated the Installer Merge modules to match the current service pack
level of Visual Studio. This fixes a problem that prevents the viewing of
more than one report without a program restart on some systems.
- Overhauled User and Group dialogues to remove the FlexGrid control that
was used in them. Group modification is now performed from the Group
- Removed the vsError control that provided error logging and incorporated a
more simple version of the same code directly into pgAdmin which produces
slightly smaller logfiles.
- Added a DEVELOPMENT flag to denote whether the current version is a
Development or Release version.
- Completely overhauled the Privileges Dialogue. It is now easier to see
existing privileges, and multiple different privileges can now be set on
multiple classes for multiple users and or groups in one operation.
- Added a VACUUM ANALYZE menu option/button.
- Added a check to the Migration Wizard to prevent attempts to create a
field defined as varchar(0) or char(0).
- Changed the datatype of the record counter in the Migration Wizard to Long
from Integer as on 32768 records could be migrated in any one table.
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Alexaki Sofia||Date: 2001-01-15 13:07:56|
|Subject: improve performance|
|Previous:||From: lee johnson||Date: 2001-01-15 04:38:03|
|Subject: Re: Re: MS Access memo datatypes|