RE: Connecting remotely.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Adam Lang'" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Connecting remotely.
Date: 2000-11-01 15:32:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Many before you have tried this and failed miserably!! :-)

Seriously though, I think you would be creating a horrendous amount of work
for yourself (having considered the idea for 18 months or so myself). IMHO
time would be far better spent writing an OLEDB provider for PostgreSQL (a
native one, not one using the Simple Provider interface). At least then you
can still manipulate data in recordset objects which aren't really that bad
to work with and are very useful when you attach them to a hidden data
control so you can bind other controls to them.

Regards,
Dave.

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Clark, JoelDate: 2000-11-01 15:35:30
Previous:From: Adam LangDate: 2000-11-01 14:52:35