I have just released pgAdmin v7.0.1 at:
pgAdmin is a graphical database design, administration and management tool
for PostgreSQL for Win32 Platforms.
Updates and changes include:
- Open Source - Yes, pgAdmin is open source as of v7.0.1. Please feel free
to criticize my programming style (bearing in mind that I'm not a programmer
of course!) and submit patches/changes to support(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
- Modified the Installer to allow selection of the installation directory
(default is now C:\Program Files\pgAdmin).
- Altered the datatype of the functions.function field in the report cache
database to memo to accommodate large plpgsql functions.
- Fixed a bizarre bug in the reports whereby memo fields (comments etc.)
didn't print because Jet was defaulting to server side cursors instead of
- Updated the Migration Wizard for use with Access 2000 Unicode databases.
- Updated the psql launcher to use v7.0.0 options and added a debug switch
(equivalent to -E).
- Added psql.exe and libpq.dll to the distribution.
- Fixed quoting errors in the Create User and Modify User dialogues.
- Fixed the Permissions dialogue so Index relations are not listed.
- Added the option to specify a group when creating a new user.
- Fixed a bug in the Migration Wizard that tried to rollback a transaction
in the event of an error, even if a transaction had not been started.
- Stopped the Migration Wizard from listing every INSERT query in the log
view window. This change equates to a 20x increase in speed of data
migration (on my system, with BIBLIO.mdb)!!
- Added a 'fallback' datatype of 'text' to the Migration Wizard.
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been
following him all day.
http://www.vale-housing.co.uk/ - http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk/
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: The Hermit Hacker||Date: 2000-06-05 18:23:47|
|Subject: [v7.0.2] Very small cleanup release ...|
|Previous:||From: Dan Wilson||Date: 2000-06-04 16:23:21|
|Subject: phpPgAdmin 2.0.1 released|
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Steve Wampler||Date: 2000-06-05 15:37:44|
|Subject: Re: JDBC squirrely transaction behavior??|
|Previous:||From: Sondaar, Roelof||Date: 2000-06-05 11:45:37|
|Subject: RE: PostgreSQL JDBC error: Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file|