pgAdmin v7.0.1 Released

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin v7.0.1 Released
Date: 2000-06-05 12:00:25
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-interfaces
I have just released pgAdmin v7.0.1 at:

pgAdmin is a graphical database design, administration and management tool
for PostgreSQL for Win32 Platforms.

Updates and changes include:

- Open Source - Yes, pgAdmin is open source as of v7.0.1. Please feel free
to criticize my programming style (bearing in mind that I'm not a programmer
of course!) and submit patches/changes to support(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
- Modified the Installer to allow selection of the installation directory
(default is now C:\Program Files\pgAdmin).
- Altered the datatype of the functions.function field in the report cache
database to memo to accommodate large plpgsql functions.
- Fixed a bizarre bug in the reports whereby memo fields (comments etc.)
didn't print because Jet was defaulting to server side cursors instead of
client side!
- Updated the Migration Wizard for use with Access 2000 Unicode databases.
- Updated the psql launcher to use v7.0.0 options and added a debug switch
(equivalent to -E).
- Added psql.exe and libpq.dll to the distribution.
- Fixed quoting errors in the Create User and Modify User dialogues.
- Fixed the Permissions dialogue so Index relations are not listed.
- Added the option to specify a group when creating a new user.
- Fixed a bug in the Migration Wizard that tried to rollback a transaction
in the event of an error, even if a transaction had not been started.
- Stopped the Migration Wizard from listing every INSERT query in the log
view window. This change equates to a 20x increase in speed of data
migration (on my system, with BIBLIO.mdb)!!
- Added a 'fallback' datatype of 'text' to the Migration Wizard.

Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been
following him all day. -

pgsql-announce by date