I have just released pgAdmin v7.0.0. pgAdmin is a comprehensive database
design and management tool for PostgreSQL that runs under Windows
95/98/NT/2000. It can be downloaded from http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk/
Note: From pgAdmin v6.5.5, we have used the Microsoft Installer to install
pgAdmin. To cut down on unnecessary downloading, we are no longer
distributing the installer. If you do not already have it on your system, it
can be downloaded from:
New features/enhancements include:
* Updated for use with PostgreSQL v7.0.0 AND v6.5.x
* Now tested for use on Windows 2000.
* New splash screen and logo courtesy of Max (max(at)lpk-computers(dot)co(dot)uk) at
LPK Design (http://www.lpk-computers.co.uk).
* Added support for creating a 'pseudo-serial' column on a new table.
* Updated the graphical design of the Import, Export and Migration Wizards.
* Added a 'Log View' text box next to the 'SQL View' that displays the last
32K of log entries.
* It is now possible to open multiple SQL dialogues.
* Added an 'SQL Wizard' to assist in building SELECT queries in the SQL
* Fixed bugs in the 'Rename Table' and 'Rename Column' code that attempted
to rename even if the same name or a blank name was specified.
* Added a 'View Data' button to the View Browser.
* Fixed a bug where table data could not be viewed if the table name was
mixed case or contained a space.
* In the View Data window the data can now be sorted by clicking a column
* Support for table constraints including UNIQUE, CHECK, PRIMARY KEY &
* Fixed numerous 'bugettes' in the table/index browsers and user manager
where it was assumed that the driver 'Bools As Char' option was set.
* Removed some irrelevant info fields from the table/index browsers.
* The Button Bar can now be 'docked' on either the left or right side of the
main window and the SQL Pane at either the top or bottom of the main screen.
* Fixed a bug in the table browser where SELECT count(*) was attempted on
pg_log, pg_variable and pg_xactlock if selected.
* Added Trigger and Function Reports.
* Fixed a bug in the Migration Wizard that prevented backslashes in data
* Updated the vsAdoSelector control as the previous build would not work on
a very small number of machines.
* Added support for 'Plugin Exporters' to the SQL Output and View Data
* Added an Exporter Manager dialogue to add remove and view the installed
* Added 'OLE Link to Excel' and 'Basic HTML' exporters.
* Included the source code to the Basic HTML exporter as an example for
* Altered the Button Bar so that the text colour is the Active Titlebar Text
colour and not permanently white.
* Fixed the form resize code on numerous dialogues that gave an error if
they were maximised.
"I find an axe is the most satisfying, but really any good weapon will do."
- Sacha Roscoe, explaining basic systems administration.
http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk/ (Home of pgAdmin)
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Jens Glaser||Date: 2000-03-31 12:36:55|
|Subject: Re: bug in JDBCRowset.getMaxFieldSize method ?|
|Previous:||From: Guillaume Rousse||Date: 2000-03-31 11:51:07|
|Subject: bug in JDBCRowset.getMaxFieldSize method ?|