I have just released pgAdmin v6.5.4, and Windows 95/98/NT PostgreSQL
database administration, design and maintenance package. It is available
Thanks to Steve Novick for helping out with our first non-internal beta
tests. If anyone else fancies helping out with testing of new releases,
please email me with details of the systems you can test on and what (if
any) areas of pgAdmin you are particuarly interested in.
New features/bug fixes include:
1) Redesigned the reporting system. Reports are now generated from a local
cache database which stores schema data gathered from the database. The
local database is designed be easily reported from using any reporting tools
that can access a .mdb file (Microsoft Access). There are built in standard
reports for each of the main object types (tables, indexes functions etc.)
2)Object comments are now cached upon first access (and re-cached when
updated) to reduce delay when selecting different objects. This caching
method also hugely decreases the number of SQL queries sent to the backend.
3) DSN, username and password can now be specified on the command line.
pgadmin [datasource username password]
If all three are specified, an autologon will be attempted, otherwise,
values for DSN and (optionally) username will be used as defaults in the
4) Rows can now be added, deleted and edited from the table data view
5) Object comments are now migrated on first use to a new pgadmin_desc table
which will survive a dump/reload. Comments for system objects are still
stored in pg_description
6) The DataSource Name is now displayed in the title of the main window (and
hence the taskbar button as well).
7) The logon dialogue now only lists PostgreSQL datasources.
8) Added a menu option & button to open the 32Bit ODBC Data Source Manager.
9) Added a 'Quick SQL' button to the bottom of the main form to open the
arbitrary SQL dialogue.
Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association.
<http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk> (Home of pgAdmin)
Beer can be a permanent solution, but only if you have enough of it!
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Michael Meskes||Date: 1999-12-22 14:46:55|
|Subject: pgadmin question|
|Previous:||From: Manoj Indulkar||Date: 1999-12-22 09:13:59|
|Subject: Trouble installing JDBC Driver.How do i get PostGreSql.jar ?|