RE: THE Postgres WEB SITE

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Byron Nikolaidis'" <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Subject: RE: THE Postgres WEB SITE
Date: 1999-11-12 08:53:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I agree that the site does need better links to software and related
projects. I've just had a look at the site to remind myself, and it is very
difficult to find things (as I recall I previously used to look at the
listing of the additional software on the distribution CD if I wanted to
know what else was out there).

Perhaps 3 sections:

Interfaces/APIs (ODBC, JDBC etc)
Tools (pgAdmin, pgBash etc.)
Application Software

The third section is one I would be interested in. My staff and I are
writing software for PostgreSQL that maybe of use to others, and I'm sure
others must be doing the same (either commercial or open source - in fact if
any has any financial ledgers...). I appreciate that the User Gallery is
(intended as) a listing of what PostgreSQL is being used for/with, but
perhaps a more moderated list of what people can actually download or buy
would attract more potential users.

Regards,

Dave.

--
Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association.
http://www.vale-housing.co.uk (Work)

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Erwin van der ValkDate: 1999-11-12 09:38:42