RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC: 'Insufficient base table information for u pdating or refreshing' error with ADO

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC: 'Insufficient base table information for u pdating or refreshing' error with ADO
Date: 1999-10-18 15:21:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Just for information (in case anyone is interested), I have now solved this
problem. In a nutshell, ADO does not like trailing semi-colons on queries.
eg.

SELECT * FROM tablename;

will give an 'Insufficient base table information for updating or
refreshing' error, when updating the resulting recordset, but

SELECT * FROM tablename

will not.

Regards,

Dave.

--
Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association.
http://www.vale-housing.co.uk (Work)

<SNIP>

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Esteban Chiner SanzDate: 1999-10-18 17:05:11