ODBC: 'Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing' error with ADO

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC: 'Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing' error with ADO
Date: 1999-10-15 13:01:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Having migrated pgAdmin and some of my other apps to ADO from DAO, I am now
getting an  "Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing"
error under certain circumstances when trying to edit a recordset. My first
experiments with ADO had a similar problem which Byron fixed - I believe ADO
was requesting extended info that the driver couldn't supply.

The current problem occurs when an update, add or delete is attemped,  if
the ADO command type is text (eg. an SQL query), but not if the command type
is table (eg. you just give ADO a table name).

The attached logs were created with a test program which executed a 'SELECT
oid, * FROM ca_event;' and then attempted to delete the first record that
was returned in the recordset.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Regards,

Dave.
  <<psqlodbc.log>>  <<SQL.LOG>>
--
Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association.
<http://www.vale-housing.co.uk> (Work)

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Joseph A. MartinDate: 1999-10-15 13:01:47