debug issue on postgresql

From: "MARIOTTI, Alessandro \(Alessandro\)" <mariotti(at)alcatel-lucent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: debug issue on postgresql
Date: 2008-05-09 14:34:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I'm writing you to get some information regarding the possibility to get
some information a db corruption got yesterday morning in a live
platform .

We realized DB Inconsistence and corruption and we tried to restore
immediately the DB , via a back-up procedure, to restore services for
customer.

Now we need to investigate on DB what it was the route cause for db
corruption.

Unfortunately we don't have any experience with postgres db because the
platform had improved by a colleague that left company and no one got
the opportunity to learn something .....

Some documentation to start with postgres will be appreciate .

Best Regards

Alessandro.