Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows

From: "Marshall, Steve" <smarshall(at)wsi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows
Date: 2009-02-09 14:58:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Any thoughts on whether or not this patch should be included in a future
PostgreSQL release? If so, any thoughts on additional testing, etc,
that needs to be done? Should the patch be added to a minor release of
8.3, or only included forward in 8.4? In my opinion, this is a pretty
serious error causing some major problems and workarounds in systems I
am working on, should I would vote for inclusion in minor releases.

The post below seems to have become disassociated from the rest of the
thread on this bug, perhaps because it was issued in February, and the
rest of the thread was posted in January. Is there any way to make the
mailing list archives link these messages back to the rest of the
thread?