Re: bound variables with PHP?

From: "Manuel Lemos" <mlemos(at)acm(dot)org>
To: "Phil Glatz" <phil(at)glatz(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bound variables with PHP?
Date: 2001-04-14 17:41:03
Lists: pgsql-php
Hello Phil,

On 14-Apr-01 12:39:37, you wrote:

>I haven't found away to use prepared statements with PHP4 and Postgres -
>any way to do so?  I have an SQL statement I'd prefer to parse outside a
>loop, ala the prepare and exec statements of dbi.

Like you would need and external package like DBI in Perl, you can do that
in PHP with an external package like Metabase that supports prepared
statements even with DBMS with API that do not directly support prepared
statements.

Look here to get Metabase for free:

http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/browse.html/package/20

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?user=mlemos(at)acm(dot)org
--
E-mail: mlemos(at)acm(dot)org
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp