Suggestion ...

From: Dave_Pfaltzgraff(at)patapsco(dot)com
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suggestion ...
Date: 2001-10-18 19:30:15
Lists: pgsql-docs

Dave Pfaltzgraff(at)PATAPSCO
10/18/2001 03:30 PM

I think having your documentation on-line is GREAT, but ... when I'm working, I
like to have a hard copy at my elbow with sticky notes, dog eared pages,
scribbled notes, ... the works. Yes, I know I can print a hard copy myself. I
did this for version 6.4, but it would appear that the latest has much more to
print - a VERY good sign! And the mere volume in 3-ring binders makes it quite
cumbersome!

Have you considered teaming up with a publisher to have hard copy available in
the standard 7" by 9" format? It could possibly be a source of revenue as well.
I know that if it were available, I'd be sure to have it on my bookshelf.

For a reference, I use the GIMP book which is available through Coriolis and it
was worth the cost even though the book is also available on-line. Another
possibility would be O'Reilly and I'm sure there are others.

Something to think a about ...

Regards,
Dave