Re: Prepare and prepare ?

From: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
To: "Kaare Rasmussen" <kar(at)kakidata(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prepare and prepare ?
Date: 2003-01-24 01:31:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 06:34 AM, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> I saw some previous mailings re DBI's prepare ind DBD::Pg.
> I'm not sure what the state is for supporting the prepare in
> PostgreSQL 7.3.1?

I'm planning to implement a new PostgreSQL DBI driver with prepare
support, but paying work has come between me and that project. It's
going to be a while before I can get back to it, I think.

Meanwhile, you can use DBD::Pg and its prepare method, and when I
finally get around to writing the new driver, you should be able to
upgrade without much difficulty.

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david(at)kineticode(dot)com ICQ: 15726394