Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

From: "Praveen Kumar \(TUV\)" <praveen(dot)k(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
To: "libra dba" <libra(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?
Date: 2008-02-19 04:23:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello ,

Go through this below mentioned link

http://archives.postgresql.org/sydpug/2006-10/msg00001.php

_____

From: pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of libra dba
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 4:11 AM
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ADMIN] Failover of the Primary database and starting the
standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

Hello all,

I am new to postgresql. i am working on the PITR replication system. I
have successfully implemented the standby database. I have tested the
log shipment and the recovery process on the standby. everything is
workign fine.

Please guide me how to bring the standby database in open mode
(failover). Also it would be great if you could provide a sample trigger
file.

thanks

Attachment Content-Type Size
standby_database.txt text/plain 8.7 KB