warm database.

From: "Praveen Kumar \(TUV\)" <praveen(dot)k(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: warm database.
Date: 2008-02-13 05:21:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am planning to make setup for warm standby databae in postgres. But I
am facing problem when I try to apply WAL files using shell scripts
restore.sh.

After applying exiting WAL file in archive directory, it does not wait
for next WAL files and come out  and write  the message in database
logfile which show that

Archive recovery is completed.Now system is ready for use.

I check this restore.sh file  and tried to debug  which show syntax
error in below mentioned line.

Can anybody tell me why it is  showing syntax error  and why it is not
waiting for next WAL files

Restore.sh

#!/bin/bash

RESTORE_FROM=$1

RESTORE_TO=$2

DELAY=100000

TRIGGERED=0

TRIGGER_FILE="/home/backup/trigger"

copyfunc() {

if [ "$TRIGGERED" -eq "0" ]; then

            cp -v -i $RESTORE_FROM $RESTORE_TO

fi

}

k=`expr $1 : '.*\(history\)'`  ------------this is the  line which show
syntax error

if [ "$k" == "history" ]; then

copyfunc;

exit $?;

fi

while [ ! -f "$RESTORE_FROM" -a "$TRIGGERED" -eq "0" ]; do

                        usleep $DELAY;

                        if [ -e $TRIGGER_FILE ]; then

                                    TRIGGERED=1;

                        fi

done

copyfunc;

when I debug this script through command sh -x restore.sh

it show like that.

+ RESTORE_FROM=

+ RESTORE_TO=

+ DELAY=100000

+ TRIGGERED=0

+ TRIGGER_FILE=/home/backup/trigger

++ expr : '.*\(history\)'

expr: syntax error

+ k=

+ '[' '' == backup ']'

+ '[' '!' -f '' -a 0 -eq 0 ']'

+ usleep 100000

+ '[' -e /home/backup/trigger ']'

+ TRIGGERED=1

+ '[' '!' -f '' -a 1 -eq 0 ']'

+ copyfunc

+ '[' 1 -eq 0 ']'

Praveen kumar DBA -Delivery

E-mail: praveen(dot)k(at)renaissance-it(dot)com | Extn: 1607

 Sobha Renaissance Information Technology (P) Ltd.

An SEI-CMM, P-CMM & SSE-CMM Level 5 Company | BS ISO/IEC 27001:2005 &
ISO 9001:2000 Certified

A Top 50 Fast Growing Technology Company (Deloitte, 2006 & 2007) | A Six
Sigma Practice Company

Phone: + 91 80 41951999 | Fax: + 91 80 41523300

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\praveen.k\Application%20Data\Micr
osoft\Local%20Settings\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.Outlook\UXU0
OG4I\www.renaissance-it.com>  | Video Conference: + 91 80 41252222

material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies
from any computer.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: David WallDate: 2008-02-13 05:36:36