ADO Connection with Postgres

From: "Michael Aldor" <MAldor(at)greenridge(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ADO Connection with Postgres
Date: 2004-07-16 23:54:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a postgres database in ASP (vbscript) and insert a blob into a bytea field. However I cannot create an open connection via the following method.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

ConnectionString = "Driver={PostgreSQL};Server=<servername>;Port=5432;Database=imagedb;UID=imageUser"

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rs.Open "image_table", connectionString, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable
'After I run rs.open the following error eheck gives me the following error:
if err then
response.write("<br><br>" & err.Description & " errorNum= " & Err.number)
end if
'Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are
'in conflict with one another. errorNum= 3001
'not sure what to change there
rs.begintrans
rs.AddNew
rs("img_name") = nameRef 'name of the file
rs("img").AppendChunk fileData 'file data being some binary data
rs.Update
rs.committrans
rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing

This communication, including its attachments, if any, is intended solely
for the recipient; it is confidential and may contain personal or private
information, or proprietary and/or privileged material. As such, any
unauthorized use, retention, copying, disclosure or other distribution of
this communication, or the taking of any action in reliance on its contents
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately and delete this communication (and any
attachments.)