Re: [HACKERS] configure and cpp detection

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] configure and cpp detection
Date: 1998-10-27 22:04:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at> writes:
> Yes, it is only not working for the stdin case, which is first needed
> for Gen_fmgrtab.sh to create the F_OIDEQ stuff in fmgr.h

> The line in config.log sais:
> configure:1241: checking how to use cpp with stdin
> xlc: 1501-221 cannot exec program less -eM - No such file or directory

Wow. $(CC) tries to invoke the pager on your platform? How odd.

I don't think that what I changed could have broken this --- I just
changed the test that decides whether configure will use "$CPP -" or
plain "$CPP" for cpp-from-stdin. $CPP is still getting set by the same
old AC_PROG_CPP macro. Could this have been broken before Sunday?
How long ago did you last run a configure and build?