Re: Constraint Exclusion + Joins?

From: "Brandon Black" <blblack(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: blblack(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Constraint Exclusion + Joins?
Date: 2006-04-28 19:06:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 4/27/06, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> "Brandon Black" <blblack(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > I was wondering (for planning purposes) if anyone knew the status of
> > constraint exclusions moving up to query runtime and working for
> > joins.
>
> The latter, done; the former, not on the radar screen IMHO.

I didn't really care about the former, I was just under the impression
it had to happen first based on some old list posts on the subject.

I dug around in CVS to have a look for this, and I did eventually find
it (well, I found the corresponding docs patch that removed the note
about not working for joins).  I see it's in MAIN but not in
8_1_STABLE.  Does that mean it's headed for 8.2.x when that comes
about? (Sorry, I'm not terribly familiar with how you guys handle all
of this).

Thanks,
-- Brandon