Constraint Exclusion + Joins?

From: "Brandon Black" <blblack(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: blblack(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Constraint Exclusion + Joins?
Date: 2006-04-28 03:23:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was wondering (for planning purposes) if anyone knew the status of
constraint exclusions moving up to query runtime and working for
joins. Is this something that's coming down the pipe in the
foreseeable future, or just on a back-burner to-do list, or probably
never happening, or... ?

I have a painful work-around for my particular case that's good enough
for now, but it would be helpful to know whether there's a good
probability I can convert my code to do things the easy way somewhere
in the foreseeable future if/when this feature goes in, or whether I
should consider design changes now before my problems grow.

Thanks,
Brandon