Re: modular pg_regress.sh

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: modular pg_regress.sh
Date: 2006-07-19 02:52:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de> writes:
> I propose a patch to make pg_regress.sh more modular.

This patch has been pretty thoroughly superseded by the recent rewrite
of pg_regress in C. It's possible that we could modularize the C
version, but what I'd like to know first is why you can't just use
pg_regress as-is. If it's short a small feature or two, perhaps adding
those would be the way to go.

> The patch also adds a new option, --listen-on-tcp that makes the server
> listen on the tcp port even when unix sockets can be used.

I believe this is not necessary: just set --host='interface to listen on'.

> There were two issues I noticed with the old script:

These are good simplifications, which I've incorporated into CVS HEAD.