PHP/Postgresql Advocacy

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy
Date: 2004-02-12 22:33:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
Hello Everyone!
my name is David Costa and I am the operator of a not for profit
website, dotgeek.org (http://dotgeek.org).
This is not my main occupation. I am a full time Professor in a private
graduate college here in Switzerland
and a direct contributor to PHP via Pear
http://pear.php.net/user/gurugeek

Dotgeek is focusing on PHP Development and Free Open Source PHP
Certification. Just today we started to host an official mirror of
postgresql and
I am extremely trilled by the array of possible advocacy toward  PHP
developers.

I have a number of plans for postgresql advocacy:

- we will host a regular column on PHP/Postgresql development on
dotgeek.org

These articles and tutorials will increase the public awareness of PHP
Developers on using postgresql with php development. In my humble
opinion the general adoption
of mysql by phpdevelopers is partially justified by the short learning
curve and little awareness on how to configure and use postgresql for
php development.

- Whilst the site is not for profit we will gladly add a text link to
donate something to the postgresql project if the visitors like what we
do/provide.
All donations will link directly to your donation page.

- We regularly host PHP programming marathons (next one in April
sponsored by Zend, PHPArch, and The Kompany) and we would be glad to
buy
some promotional materials from your site (e.g. t-shirts) and add them
as prizes in our contest.

I would really be glad to be part of your advocacy team. My first
language is Italian so should you need some help with the manual
translations, let me know.

I look forward to a long term volunteer cooperation!

Thanks again for providing the best relational database!!
Best Regards

David Costa
P.S. side note: I write frequently on several mailing list. Would it be
possible, for advocacy purposes, to have an email alias (forward)
@postgresql.org ?
Sorry if this might sound a bit odd, but (as you can see) I am really
enthusiast about postgresql.

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-02-13 06:11:40