PostgreSQL Database Developer in San Diego, will relo

From: "Matthew(at)kaizenstaffing" <matthew(at)kaizenstaffing(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Database Developer in San Diego, will relo
Date: 2007-01-17 22:09:10
Lists: pgsql-jobs
This position involves creating tables, views, and functions to support front
end OLTP and reporting applications. The ideal developer will have thorough
knowledge of SQL (PL/pgSQL), some experience with at least one other
PostgreSQL language (e.g. PL/Perl), significant experience with at least one
commercial database, and extensive experience with complex functions/stored
procedures, code optimization, and index tuning in PostgreSQL.
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

* 3+ years database development with PostgreSQL

* Some knowledge of at least one other language in addition to PL/pgSQL,
such as PL/Perl or PL/Java.

* 4+ years database development with SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i/10g, or
another comparable commercial database.

* Significant background in creating complex functions/stored procedures and
SQL scripts
* Understanding of database normalization concepts
* Some experience in logical and physical database design and implementation
* Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting
deadlines under tight time constraints
* Strong analytical skills
* Capable of working independently with minimal supervision

This position is in San Diego, CA.  The company will pay for relo for a
strong candidate from out of the area.  The position pays 70-83k, but there
may be some flex on that for a strong candidate (I'll represent you at any
pay range if you have the right skills and experience).  If you are not
interested but you know someone who would be please let me know.  We pay
finder fees for referred candidates.  Please send resumes to my email
address below and I'll follow up with you.  I'm in the office early and late
so I can talk any time.

Thanks,

Matthew Haver
Branch Manager
Kaizen Staffing - “Continuous Improvement”
858-866-2632 - Direct Line
800-691-3075 x2632 - Toll Free
858-270-8999 - Fax
matthew(at)kaizenstaffing(dot)com