Re: warnings restoring a db

From: Raimon Fernandez <coder(at)montx(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: warnings restoring a db
Date: 2008-04-09 14:52:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
On 09/04/2008, at 16:43, Tom Lane wrote:
> Raimon Fernandez <coder(at)montx(dot)com> writes:
>> It seems that all the data is there, but I have some warnings like
>> those, wich I don't really know what they mean ...
>
>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could
>> not
>> access file "$libdir/pldbgapi": No such file or directory
>
> Seems you've forgotten to install an add-on package or two --- this
> one sounds like it's the EDB plpgsql debugger.

well, I didn't install this copy of PostgreSQL so I don't know what's
have been installed, I think it's a default windows installation.

>> do I have to worry about them ?
>
> Yes, if you still want to use those functions...

no at this moment, as I really don't know what they are and what are
they for ...

so, how I can make a 'standard' back-up without all those packages ?

If I'm available to re-create all the database, that's enough (with
sequences, schemas, etc.)

thanks,

raimon