Re: bug with constraint dependencies? or bug with

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Gregory Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>,pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug with constraint dependencies? or bug with
Date: 2003-08-28 18:50:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers
It looks like the problem has been introduced by recent changes to dump
more stuff as "constraints".  pg_dump is careful to dump indexes before
constraints --- but the latter category now includes not only foreign
key constraints, but unique/primary constraints, and those will all end
up sorted by pg_constraint OID, it looks like.  I think that should work
anyway, most of the time, but clearly after an OID wraparound it's
possible for the OID-order heuristic to fail.  So we need to tweak
pg_dump to categorize the different kinds of constraints separately.