Re: availability of SATA vendors

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: availability of SATA vendors
Date: 2006-11-17 20:41:57
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Nov 17, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Jeff Frost wrote:

> I see many of you folks singing the praises of the Areca and 3ware
> SATA controllers, but I've been trying to price some systems and am
> having trouble finding a vendor who ships these controllers with
> their systems.  Are you rolling your own white boxes or am I just
> looking in the wrong places?
>
> Currently, I'm looking at Penguin, HP and Sun (though Sun's store
> isn't working for me at the moment).  Maybe I just need to order a
> Penguin and then buy the controller separately, but was hoping to
> get support from a single entity.

I bought my last system pre-built from asacomputers.com, with the
3ware controller in it. I don't recall if the controller was listed
on the webpage or not - I wrote their sales address and asked for a
quote on "one like that, with a 9550sx controller".

("one like that" was their 5U, Opteron, 24 bay box.)

Cheers,
   Steve