ERROR: unexpected classid 3600

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-testers <pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: unexpected classid 3600
Date: 2010-05-02 22:54:53
Lists: pgsql-testers

[TEST REPORT]

[Release]: 8.5alpha2

[Test Type]: psql CLI

[Test]: Trying to perform basic change ownership operations using psql; percursor to dropping the postgres role.

[Platform]: Solaris SPARC 4u (E450)

[Parameters]: based on below (perfectly sensible!) result, trying to change ownerships...

postgres=# DROP ROLE roleorig;

ERROR: role "roleorig" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it

DETAIL: owner of database dbone

owner of database dbtwo

owner of database dbthree

1490 objects in database dbfour

<etc>

[Failure]:

[Results]:

# REASSIGN OWNED BY roleorig TO rolenew;

ERROR: unexpected classid 3600

[Comments]: Have we somehow corrupted this cluster? Am seeing other strange behavior related to simple commands:

# CREATE DATABASE dbname;

# GRANT ALL ON dbname TO rolenew;

ERROR: relation "dbname" does not exist

Please note this database is created in lower case; it has not been renamed from upper.

# GRANT ALL ON dbname TO rolenew; - produces the same error.

(I will report this as a different error...)

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Lou PiccianoDate: 2010-05-02 22:59:35